Its true. SEO is not “dead” and as long as we utilize search engines to find the topics or products we need, it will continue to “live”.
Direct Quote from Steve Olenski on Forbes.com:
"Investing in organic SEO is more important now than ever before, despite the current difficulty everyone finds themselves facing regarding the lack of organic keyword data and traffic. Your business definitely needs to have an SEO strategy in place if you are interested in succeeding in terms of online marketing; it remains one of the single most important components of any organization’s branding efforts and online presence."
Steve Olenski wrote a great article on Forbes.com (that includes the above mentioned quote) that details a list of seven specific reasons why your business should definitely consider investing in your organic SEO. I have included the outline for each point but please refer over to Steve’s main article for added details and embedded industry quotes on each point mentioned.
- It still works – First and foremost, the techniques employed to improve SEO still work.
- It is not going to stop working any time soon – Based on the way search engines appear to be developing, it is not likely that SEO will cease to be effective any time in the foreseeable future.
- It is cost-effective – Compared to the costs associated with other forms of online marketing such as PPC advertising, social media marketing, or purchasing leads for an email marketing program, SEO provides fairly good ROI. While PPC may drive more revenue and social media may be more important for your image, your organic SEO in many ways remains a bedrock of your online presence.
- Search engines grabbing more market share – Somewhere between 80-90% of customers now check online reviews prior to making a purchase, and this number is only expected to increase.
- Rise of mobile bandwidth and local search optimization – With this dramatic explosion in mobile usage, a whole new world of effective SEO techniques have opened up for companies, such as local search optimization.
- Not having a healthy content profile is damaging – With each and every update to its search algorithm, Google and other engines change the way they look at websites. Things which didn’t exist a few years ago, such as social media indicators, are now given fairly high importance in terms of their impact on your rankings. Not building a healthy content profile spread out months and years is potentially damaging to your business, as it is one of the factors Google evaluates when looking at your site.
- Your competitors are doing it – “If you’re not moving forward and improving your position, you’re losing ground to a competitor who is. That’s a simple fact of how the process works.” Don’t let your competitors out maneuver you by ignoring this valuable tool for your business.
Source Article: http://www.forbes.com/sites/steveolenski/2014/03/26/7-reasons-why-your-business-should-invest-in-seo/#2715e4857a0b67143bc91337